Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday Tracy - and fun at work

Last night we went to a tepanyaki style restaurant where they cook for you at a table for 10, for Tracy's birthday.  It was the first time we have brought Emma with us, she liked it pretty well, but she's not a big fan of asian style cooking.  Anyway, I was very pleased to find out that Tracy is creeping her way to 40 - she's 38 this year! - although she quickly reminded me that the closer she is to 40, the closer I am to 50.  For crying out loud.  BUT... here's the fun part... both Carl and I got carded at the restaurant last night!!!!  And not only did I get carded after Carl, but the cute little, young, kimono-clad waitress actually giggled when she read my birthday and said "you look so young!" :) :) :)  I'm sure this restaurant probably got raided by ATF recently and was cited for serving underage drinkers, but hey, I'll take the compliment anyway.
Again, notice the complete lack of interest on Kenton's face - seriously, what is it with this kid lately?  He wanted no part of me and my camera - again.
So at my job, we use these colored tabs for lots of things in the files:  blue = judgement/sentence, green = bail posted, and red = a no contact order filed.  But when we close out files, we "recycle" these tabs because my boss thinks we can't afford to buy new packages. Or new file folders. Or more than one box of copy paper at one time. But I'm off topic now.  Anyway... so as we save them, my co-worker Shannon starts to get creative to how she lines them up - she starts out strong with her patterns, and then gets lazy.  Notice to the left how she created a smiley face for Jon as a surprise one day.  Well, yesterday I told her I was disappointed in how she let the lower half go, and to clean that mess up dammit! :)  I told her I wanted to see an improvement by the time I got there the next morning (she starts at 6:30, I get there at 8:30). 
This is what I arrived to this morning - isn't she just the best??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment