Sunday, March 15, 2009

We had a busy week... and a sick one too.

Remember that spring clean-up we did? A few days later we had snow. Quite a bit of it actually. Enough to make me laugh that we spent time doing it to have another hard freeze.

Also took Emma to the doctor (yes Carl, I know you were right, it wasn't pneumonia or a kidney infection or a deathly strain of ebola) but I was worried. My baby has only had 2 fevers in her life and she just wasn't breaking through. She is giving me that look of "really? a picture on the examining table?" Really!  I'm a scrapbooker!  Emma was out of school Weds-Fri and Carl is now showings signs of something.  He's double-dosing with Nyquil, his drug of choice, so hopefully he's nipping it in the bud.

Last night we went to Emma's school's dinner auction and had a great time.  We brought Brian and Tracy with us, and then had 2 other couples join us - Brad and Bev (I work with Brad) and Matt & Kissi - their son carpools with us every day.  Thank you all for your generosity in supporting our school.  A little mix-up in the silent auction times though, it said registration started at 5:00 and the next thing listed was the dessert auction at 6:30 - so we all arrived about 5:56.  Well the first tables closed at 6:00!  Krissi, Bev and I scurried around that room so fast trying to find something we wanted.  I did get a Starbucks basket I forgot that I had snuck a bid on (until later and I found out I won!), and then we moved on to the 6:15 tables.  The picture below is from my MAJOR SCORE of my item!  Krissi did the honors of capturing my fist pump in the photo :)  We got a stadium/sports package that included a 9x9 pop up tent thing on wheels (good for soccer in the summer heat and rain in the fall), stadium folding seats for bleachers - very cool, stadium blankets, giant umbrellas, Marmot raincoats, a coffee mug/thermos set, rolling soft sided cooler, and more!  It was a MAJOR SCORE I tell you!  I left the evening $517 poorer than when I arrived, but I'm happy to support the school and they were funding the track/fields this year.  All in time for when Emma arrives to Jr. High in a few years.

The last photo is of my hot husband and me - my hot, on-the-edge-of-getting-sick husband and me :) Ready to start a new week, a DUI emphasis this weekend will have a TON of tickets and people in jail for me tomorrow, getting up early for that.  Carl also decided to umpire for the Cal Ripken boys' baseball league here, so he will have more training and some games starting next weekend.  It's gonna be fuunnnnnn :)






1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that we were not the only ones with late season snow. Mom

    ReplyDelete