Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ahhh, Spring.

Beautiful day today, it was only 60* but nice enough to be outside working in the yard without a coat.  Emma got home about 10:30 and then we all hit the yard work.  Freshly mowed grass, weeds pulled, new spring planters filled with chartreuse and purple.  Here's a shot of our deck, we're going to grill blue cheese burgers tonight. Yum. 
Here's a close-up of my new planters, aren't the colors just gorgeous together? The center purple budded flower is called Heliotrope.  It will grow almost 18" tall in the center of my planter, and it smells like vanilla.... delicious.  We are also starting seeds today for a planter herb garden.  Kennedy just arrived, so she and Emma and I are going to go start those.  More pictures to follow, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day - and productive! Love the flowers and smells of the grill that spring brings. I didn't get out much this weekend, but it was 87 degrees here on Sat. when I went to Target!

    ReplyDelete