Monday, May 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

This is my first time participating in the monthly blog hop, very exciting!  The challenge this month was to create a card using the color yellow.  Very challenging, it's not my go-to color, but I'm very pleased with what I created: (click 2nd photo to see yellow more closely)
I used Pebbles Linnie Bell patterned paper, a Prima lollipop flower and background stamp, PTI white and melon berry cardstock, PTI "Life" stamp set (my fave right now!)  Also: PTI Lemon Tart ink (for soft background on white), and PTI Summer Sunrise ink for the vertical flower stamp. 

Thanks for looking!

32 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the soft background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely use of this set! Great job~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo this is lovely. Just reminds me of a nice summer day!

    Really like how you did your background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful ... love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty, love all the colors and patterns. The flower sets it all off really nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card!! Love all the details in the main panel, the bg, the little plants and the placement of the sentiment. Great job on your first blog hop project. It's my first one too! I'm definitely going to check out the rest of your blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to the blog hop!! fantastic take on the challenge! such a beautiful color combo & awesome DP!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the bold pattern in the background and the great layered flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is beautiful. I love the Life set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to blog hop - what a YUMMY card - love the color pop of the Melon Berry. Sure can't tell you're a first timer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job! I love this stamp set and I love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome & your card & color combo is fantastic! Great DP too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is gorgeous! I love everything about it- the colors, the DP, the stamps, the flowers, everything! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you got a chance to hop. And I like the way you used the Life set, I'm going to have to come back and take a second look tomorrow. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love the patterned paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty!! Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, such a nice, warm card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love this card! I also want to let you know I love the graphics on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just Love this!! I used Life too, but the way you used yours speaks volumes to your style! I just love the patterned papers you used in combination with your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your colors and dsp choice is outstanding!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soooo pretty!!!! I LOVE those flowers, perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is really a fabulous card! love how the yellow is so subtle with that red. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this combo with the paper. I'm going to try it!! Your background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous! I like the background and the pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty! Love the background you made with sentiments stamped on top of it. Nice! Glad you joined in the Blog Hop fun!

    ReplyDelete