Tuesday, November 24, 2009

May I present to you - Clara Barton

Emma's book report this month was on a historical figure, and she was assigned Clara Barton - the founder of The Red Cross.  Here's the irony:  when I was in grade school, I, too did a book report on Clara Barton. That's just amazing to me.  She is giving an oral presentation for her report, and each child had to dress the part of their person.  So those old Gunne Sax prom dresses that we brought home from my Mom's this summer are coming in handy!  Emma chose one, added an apron with a red-taped cross on the front, borrowed her Dad's stethoscope and our super old first aid kit, and we searched for a paper nurse's hat on the internet.  Quite the transformation, and it was very fun putting it together with her on Sunday afternoon.




1 comment:

  1. Great costume and I Loove the "Christmas" blog banner...so festive!

    ReplyDelete