So Emma and I get our act together this morning a bit earlier than usual so that we can take Cooper to doggie daycare for some play time. Cooper ran out of the back door as soon as he saw me grab the leash, he knew something fun was ahead of him. He loves daycare, he met another 'Cooper' while waiting to get checked in - and he gave us that signature head-cocking look of "yes? I'm happy, yes?" and we drove to school and then work.
By 8:35 there was a message for us at home, which I thought was odd - that someone would call our house so early - so as I was sitting in court waiting for the Judge to arrive I called home. It was the vet. I thought he was calling to tell me Cooper needed updated shots for daycare since he hadn't visited in over 6 months.
Cooper was attacked within 5 minutes of arriving in the room, and another dog gripped his head so hard that Cooper lost an eye. I was bawling within seconds, I think I even hyperventilated as the doctor tried to explain it to me. All of this in front of about 50 people... I ran out and sped to the vet. Carl met me there, we both held him and tried to look away while comforting him - both of us crying. Poor little guy.
Anyway, he's out of surgery - the next hurdle is telling Emma today at about 3:20. Wish us luck. Here's what I always remember... but I know he'll be as cute as ever:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Omg Lisa, that's terrible! How's everyone doing?
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about this. I hope he recovers soon. He's a cutie!
ReplyDeleteYour sis in law,
Cheryl
PS: My mom shared your e-mails with me today, so I now he's doing okay.
ReplyDeleteCheryl