Friday, April 30, 2010

Pink Paislee Inspiration Station Tour


Choooo Choooo - thanks for stopping by!  Pink Paislee is hosting an Inspiration Tour in honor of Mother's Day and National Scrapbooking Day and this is an official stop!  Make sure to leave a comment on my blog for a chance to win the wonderful prize package pictured above - a $25 value of the fabulous BAYBERRY COTTAGE line!  Entries accepted until 6pm PST Sunday, May 2nd.  Winners will be announced on Pink Paislee's blog on Tuesday, May 4th.

I chose to use the Bayberry Cottage line to make this gift bag - to hold something special for your Mom, a special girl friend, or make one with other Pink Paislee lines for any time of year!





This shopping bag was my inspiration.  I love all of the gorgeous gift bags you can buy, but they can be very pricey!  I *adore* the Bayberry Cottage line and with just 4 sheets of patterned paper, a few Bella Brads, a snippet of Ribbon Pleat and Artisan Tape, and a Cork Button - this is a very economical and beautiful alternative :)  *** just a note for previous commenters... you are NOT recovering the existing bag, just recreating it with scrapbook paper ***  I deconstructed the bag in order to make a template of each side.



1.  Cut the following dimensions from two sheets of Gazebo patterned paper:

     10"W x 12"L -  mark paper from both bottom corners at 3" both horizontally and vertically,
     cut diagonal line from each corner between marked points.

     Score along width of paper 1" from top.  Fold.
     Score along width of paper 3" from bottom.  Fold.


2.  Cut the following dimensions twice from one sheet of Picket Fence patterned paper:

     5"W x 12"L

     Score a line 1/2" lengthwise, from outside edge on each side.  Fold.
     Fold paper in half lengthwise, with Picket Fence pattern face to face (green on outsides) to form
     inverted pleat.


3.  Use Scor-Tape or other strong adhesive to assemble bag.


4.  Cut 10"W from corner of Porch Swing patterned paper - attach to front of bag.

5.  Attach handles of choice - I deconstructed my old shopping bag and used the existing handles
     (the grey color was perfect!) - cut a slit from top fold and slip handles through, adhering
     each side with Scor-Tape to bag.


6.  Form flower from black Ribbon Pleat, attach Bella Brad to Cork Button and adhere to flower.
     Adhere ribbon/cork embellishment to center point of Porch Swing paper.  Add rhinestones/pearls
     as desired.

7.  Attach strip of Licorice Artisan Tape to top front of bag to cover cut edges.

8.  Create layered ribbon decoration for handles using Ribbon Pleat and Artisan Tape, secured with
     Bella Brad.

Voila!  Now chug along to the remaining stops and enjoy the amazing talent of the following Pink Paislee Creative Team members! (and leave a comment on each blog for an additional chance to win!)

Danielle: http://www.danielleflanders.blogspot.com/
Ania: http://www.aniia.blogspot.com/
Stacey: http://www.staceymichaud.blogspot.com/
Leena: http://www.findingnana.com/
Jana: http://www.frommyfeatherednest.blogspot.com/
Amanda: http://www.amandamuirhead.blogspot.com/
Kristen: http://www.scrapinkris.blogspot.com/
Tina: http://www.tinaalbertson.blogspot.com/
Jen M.: http://www.jenniferann75.blogspot.com/
Erin: http://www.erinterrellclarkson.typepad.com/blog
Kayla Aimee: http://kaylaaimee.typepad.com/


And don't forget to go to Pink Paislee's blog for an additional stop as well!
Pink Paislee Blog

372 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! The bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling!! It would make a great gift bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this bag. I'm going to try it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Another fabulous idea!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...how original! Just a wonderful project! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a bag for a gift this weekend. Thanks for the idea. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute bag! I think I may try this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bayberry line is one of my favorites. Great job. The shopping bag is like a little gift itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty, pretty. That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love the idea of making my own gift bags! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great collection for a great gift!
    Really like this idea!

    Hester

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! What a great way to make the bag the hit of the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great idea!!! I love your bag and LOVE that line too. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love a gift from that bag! I don't even think I could re-gift it's so beautiful I would keep it all for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm speechless, it's stunning, thank you for your fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous and special bag! What Mom wouldn't be touched to see this precious bag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never underestimate a cute bag...and this one is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea. I bet whoever gets that bag is going to be so exited!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a awesome idea! love it!

    cynde

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a timely idea for Mother's Day! She will love a handmade bag- and reuse it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Truly lovely and so well explained, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome idea! That could be used for some many occasions all year!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very good re-use project. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the instructions for creating my own beautiful gift bags. Never again will I have to give special gifts in ordinary gift bags :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. loranne007@yahoo.comApril 30, 2010 at 8:23 AM

    Now I know what to do with some of the many bags I have in a cupboard, you know, the ones you have to shove back in every time you open your cupboard door. No more buying gift bags. Thanks for the repurposing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohhhh! GREAT idea and tut! That is a bag that's a gift in itself...thank you so much for the inspiration!!! Can't wait to create a few of these to have on hand. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute bag. The shaped paper on the front is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute bag! I love how you repurposed that bag. Terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the bag. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous gift bag! Great idea for that someone special!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Soo cool, need to find some strong adhesive though.. Would love to try it in the Black houndstooth, it would look so chic!! Lucky I have some leftover from my collection of paper..

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's a cute idea. Now I have something useful to do with all of the shopping bags I bring home. ;o) ~erin

    ReplyDelete
  34. THat is just great! LOVE that idea and the colors are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! My second stop! I Love this idea! The bag is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your attention to details like covering even the inside of the bag. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beautiful gift bag! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful bag! I love recreating everyday things.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabulous bag! I can't wait to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Perfect project for Earth Day Awareness! I love reusing things!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow.....I never would have guessed that started out as a department store bag. It is gorgeous. Now I won't fret when I need a cute bag for a last minute gift.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a cute bag, I will definetly try making this! Thanks for sharing.

    -Henriette

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a clever idea. The bag is pretty and could almost be the gift!

    little76@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. It looked to hard to make, but it was easy!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Dutchiegirl

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the bag. I have only covered a bag before, never actually made one.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a fabulous gift bag. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Have several bags with handles that now have a new use. Never thought of re-using the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am making this right now..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love that bag... Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs
    Elisa K

    ReplyDelete
  50. that is so cool. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the bag, can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love making gift bags and this one is sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Very nice, choooo, chooooo moving right along

    ReplyDelete
  54. Who would have thought of that one?

    ReplyDelete
  55. What an adorable bag! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  56. great idea... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  57. WOW!! Talk about recycling!!! You are my green inspiration of the day!!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  58. this is such a creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I can never throw away those shopping bags! What a great way to recycle them! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow that turned out beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  61. Lisa, you are so clever to think of doing this. It turned out beautifully!

    adele_h@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Voila, now I have a pretty gift bag to put my new bracelet in :)
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  63. What a cute idea. I love how you've made it look like a clutch.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Great tutorial. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  66. How creative and original! Great project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thanks for the tutorial. Who cares what's in the gift when the bag is this pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  68. So cute, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Thank you for sharing. Very neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  70. What a GREAT Idea! (And i LOVE the paper line you chose) I have never thought to try making my Own BAG! LOL
    I have a B-day party to go to tonight i think i am gonna go give this a try for that!
    I have LOTS of pretty paper and now a NEW way to share it!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I never thought about making my own gift bags this is an AWESOME idea that I will try in the near future. Thanks for sharing the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Great idea to use something that might only be trashed...I definitely will be saving this idea in my inspiration file.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great instructions, love how you have used the die cut paper!

    ReplyDelete
  74. For some reason, I never think to customize a gift bag with my scrap supplies. GREAT project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. LOVE how you altered that bag! Its soo cute! I save all my shopping bags. Now I have a cute way to alter them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love, love, love your bag! I love making gifts for my friends, but I am always buying the bag. Whenever we exchange gifts, everyone wants me to get their name because they love handmade gifts. You have just made me the DIVA - thanks so much for your creative ideas. I love the Bayberry Cottage selection, so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a cute, quick idea to make a gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Will be making this to put my knitting in. Everyone will want one.

    ReplyDelete
  79. LOVE IT! I am so excited to get all these ideas, hopefully it will get me out of the creative no mojo funk Im in! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Cute idea!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I love it! I would not have thought to alter a store bag. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Wow! who ever get's that bag is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I love this paper what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  84. Great way to recycle all those bags I've saved. I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I love how it all comes together and changes my perception of the Bayberry line. It is one of my favorite lines! Darling

    ReplyDelete
  86. What a great way to really customize a gift. Thank you for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  87. such a great idea! will be using it for Mother's Day gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  88. WOW, now I have to add more to my shopping list for National scrapbook day.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Oh My Goodness, what a fabulous bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  90. What a great project!! I love this idea. And the materials you used to create it!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Hmmmm... I never thought of making my own bag. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Such a great way to re-use a bag! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Loving your gift bag, super pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  94. ohhh I'm so loving these recycling ideas!!!! and your step by step photos are perfect!!!! chug a chug a choo choo!!!! lovin stop number 2!

    ReplyDelete
  95. That sure is a fabulous idea, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  96. What a great idea to turn those fabulous sturdy Shop carrier bags into something spectacular. Talk about recycling!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  97. What a great idea, I would love to get a handmade shopping bag. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  98. How creative!! Fabulous GREEN project. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  99. A wonderful idea! Making something beautiful and earth-friendly at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Beautiful and amazingly creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Fantastic idea...cutest bag ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Very cool!! Whoever receives this bag is one lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  103. what an adorable bag!!! perfect choice of papers too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  104. Cute idea! This opens up the different possiblities with gift wrapping! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  105. This is fabulous! I love this collection so much, and it makes for a very elegant gift bag. The bag is so gorgeous, it could be the gift all on its own! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  106. Very creative - sure looks better after you did your magic

    ReplyDelete
  107. Wow! bEAUTIFUL! Love that up-cycled shopping bag!

    ReplyDelete
  108. such an original idea - thanks for sharing your tutorial and for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Such a pretty gift bag. I knew I saved all my shopping bags for a reason!
    Carole Gatza

    ReplyDelete
  110. I love what you did with this line!

    ReplyDelete
  111. Your bag is too cute! I love this line! TFS the details!

    ReplyDelete
  112. Great idea- the bag looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  113. gorgeous - I need to have a few of these made up in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  114. You are amazing to come up with this idea. I usually just put some paper on the bag. I don't know if I have the engineering brights to actually create a bag. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Thank you for the idea this is so great! I love when people recycle found objects!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  116. Loving this Green idea.....very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  117. A beautiful gift bag with such gorgeous papers and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  118. the color scheme is beautiful! I love the idea of coordinating gift, card and giftbag! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  119. Great job! I love repurposing shopping bags too!

    ReplyDelete
  120. Great project!!! So pretty for a Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  121. LOVE this! Am def gonna do this for mothers day, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  122. Oh how adorable! Great little project!

    ReplyDelete
  123. Beautiful - such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  124. What a super cute bag!!! Great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  125. Cute idea! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  126. thanks for sharing this idea! love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  127. OMG this bag is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  128. The bag is just gorgeous! Thank you so much for the step by step instructions. I hope mine turns out as beautiful as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  129. Very cute bag! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  130. Lisa! Love the gift bag. It is beautiful...Your blog is awesome!
    thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  131. What a beautiful Gift Bag!
    Happy SB Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  132. Love this purse. I think I will make some of these for x-mas gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  133. very cool project :) thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  134. That is such a beautiful gift bag! I'd almost not want to give it away! Not even to my mother. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  135. This is a beautiful line- I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  136. what a fabulous bag, i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  137. Lovely gift bag..I wouldn't want to give it away because it is so pretty!Thanks for the chance to win some PP yumminess:)

    ReplyDelete
  138. thats awesome, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  139. Fantastic!! Love the colours in those pp's!

    ReplyDelete
  140. Wow! What a way to decorate a ppbag!!! I'm sure your mom will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  141. How clever! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  142. Cute gift bag! Another project I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  143. This is so creative & beautiful. I love the PP Bayberry line, it looks so fun!

    AmyBug from CC

    ReplyDelete
  144. I love that you didn't just cover the existing bag, but used it as a template to create your own darling gift bag. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  145. That bag is a show piece, I'd hang in my scraproom. Thanks for the great directions.

    ReplyDelete