Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Costco: I love you.

I went to Costco the other day to pick up some Adele Chicken & Apple Sausages for a crock pot recipe.

It didn't turn out well.  Not because I didn't make it properly, the recipe was just 'eh'.

I had to get some carrots, so I ventured into the produce section.  Behold my eyes when I found butternut squash peeled & cubed, and bags of petite brussel sprouts!

Last night?  Yeah... squash and halved sprouts on a baking sheet, tossed with olive oil, salt & pepper (a la Ina), roasted in 425 oven for 30 minutes... yum.

Feasted on that in a quiet house with Sex and the City 2 on OnDemand.

It doesn't get much better than that, people.

(p.s. tonight I will be adding some of the sliced sausages and peeled/cubed Yukon Gold potatoes)

2 comments:

  1. Really? I never knew I had a sausage product named after me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a butternut squash kick right now, too. And last night I made pumpkin risotto which the mere mention of made my brother gag, but was delicious!

    And brussel sprouts? One of my favorites, but they have to be fresh; frozen just doesn't cut it. Try adding nuts and balsamic to them - awesome!

    ReplyDelete