Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday School Shopping

Back to school shopping had to occur today.  Emma will be at camp all next week, home for about 24 hours before heading to Idaho for a few days, and then back to back soccer tournaments until school starts on 9/1.  It was now or never.  This year I decided to go with a plan of action - no willy nilly impulse purchases (like 4 pairs of colored tennis shoes!)  Emma had instructions to purge her closet before I would agree to go shopping, knowing how many pairs of jeans and shirts she needed with which to start school.  We started out with lunch at PF Changs:  lettuce wraps, crab wontons and pork fried rice - yum.  Nordstrom monopolized the day with two hours of our time and taking a load from my wallet.  I was somewhat mesmerized with the dressing area of Brass Plum:


Check out these chandeliers - plastic with blue bulbs.  Cool.  


I dug this corner.  A lot.  The lampshade was metallic animal print, I'm sure those are Flor tiles and check out that chair!  Love the multiple framed mirrors too.  


These lampposts had knit stockings on them - how cool is that?!?


We enjoyed a Starbucks treat at the end of our excursion - our dogs were barking and arms heavy from lugging around our loot.  Black unsweetened tea for me, strawberries and cream frap for my girl.


The loot:  skinny jeans and boyfriend jeans, cute blousy tops from Nordstrom and American Eagle, jewel toned purple shirts for each of us from the Gap, the cutest fleece jacket EVER for me (check out that lapel - hot!), pretty pebbles/ice cream scoop/picture holders from Crate & Barrel, and some goodies from Paper Source. Super fun day. 

1 comment:

  1. Lettuce wraps...YUM!Great pictures...is that the new camera app? I'll probably be shopping with my girl in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete