Thursday, September 1, 2011

Junior High... first day.

Wow. I knew this day would come, it just kind of snuck up though. Today Emma transitioned from seven years of private Christian education to public education. She transitioned from elementary school to junior high. From one teacher to six every day. From knowing everyone to knowing few. She transitioned from my baby to a young lady.


There were apprehensions, worries, nerves, excitement, maybe a bit of fear. I dropped her off near the door and she didn't want to get out of the car - there was no one standing there that she recognized. It was like pushing my little birdie from the nest. I told her she could do it, and to challenge herself to introduce herself to three new people today - to sit at a lunch table that was already occupied.

I wasn't even out of the school parking lot before I cried. She has transitioned through so much this past 12 months or so. She had an assignment from social studies today - to create her gallery of 'Who I am. What I've Done. What I Hope To Be.'


Who I Am
Soccer player
Family - only child
Christian

What I've Done
Hunted
Jet skied
Traveled

What I Hope To Be
Teacher
Mother
Graduate


She is simply... amazing.










No comments:

Post a Comment