Let's see... what's new? Emma started school and LOVES IT... already stayed late last week to attend the first football game with 5 new friends. She's very excited that a group of girls (some that are very old acquaintances from several years ago) have brought her under their wing. Tomorrow is fair day, which means noon dismissal to allow them to go to the fair (don't get me started on that...why are we losing half a day of school so that they can eat scones and ride roller coasters?) and I am allowing her to walk to the fair with this group of girls. Granted, the fair is about a block away from school, but still. It's hard for this mother hen to say "sure, you've never gone anywhere in your life without a parent, go ahead.. be free.. walk into the wilds and hang out at the fair with no supervision except for a cell phone!" Please wish me patience and wish a longer leash for Emma ;) She would appreciate that :)
Emma and I went to our annual vacation in Seaside, OR the last week of August - and we did not find ONE sand dollar intact. Not ONE. However... at the beach in WA we found 34 - unbelievable!! We collected as many as we could stuff into the Subway bag, and I have meticulously washed them and laid them on the counter to dry ever since. Emma wants to do something artsy with them. I told her I thought they might react really well to Glimmer Mist... can you imagine? I think we'll do different colors and then glue them in a shadow box - I'm looking forward to it.
Emma had her first soccer game Saturday - she was an animal as always, more of a linebacker actually - and her team won 2-0. She is ecstatic about moving up in the lineup this year. She is playing attacking mid, or stopper, and she gets the chance to drive the ball forward a lot and really have more impact on the game. She is definitely ready for it. After the game she and Carl headed to camp for a night with his hunting posse. Emma just mostly likes the opportunity to dress in her camo gear and shoot the BB gun :)

No comments:
Post a Comment