Friday, August 13, 2010

The perils of my job...

See this blouse?  It's one of my favorites this summer.  The color and the waviness of the ruffles, perfect for me.


The fact that I fill it out so well?  Not so perfect.

See, I was working at the front counter today - helping all of the nice citizens pay their tickets - and there is a constant vacuum-type wind tunnel up there.  It blows up through the opening of the window (to keep us safe behind the bullet proof glass :O) and in the summer, it's a nice little breeze.  I usually enjoy it.  Today?  Not so much.


This young man came to pay with $20's and starts peeling them off to me, and they blow through and I'm grabbing at them like I was on a game show where they put you in a clear plexiglass box and blow money around wildly!  Sound fun?  Not today.

I was trying to do a good deed and re-ink the date stamp for my coworker's desk that I'm covering today.  Wouldn't that be a nice surprise to come back to on a busy Monday morning?  A fresh, gooey, juicy stamp ready to use?  Yeah.  Well, I  inked it up reaaaaaalllllll good and the pad was sitting right on my counter.  So when I grabbed wildly at all those 20's and bent over to catch one?  Smack dab right on the ruffles.  Damn those protruding ruffles :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are soooooooooooo funny Lisa ,love your stories and the top too !!!

    ReplyDelete