We picked up Emma from camp yesterday and my heart immediately swelled with happiness - in more ways than one :) I could not *wait* to see her and hug her and tell her I missed her (because I really did...), but her heart was swelling with happiness too. She said she wished she could stay longer, that she couldn't wait to come back next year, and that she made a bajillion new friends! Pitter patter, pitter patter. The kids all had a camp t-shirt on, and everyone was signing each other's like a yearbook. And Emma was pointing out this person, and that person, and this person's brother, and how she gave that one a piggyback ride, and how this young boy hugged her and said he'd miss her. Pitter patter, pitter patter. And so many kids had to hug Emma goodbye three times before we left, and it made my heart so happy that they loved her as much as I do, that they could see what a wonderful person she is and how she can light up a room. Pitter patter, pitter patter.
And as we drove home, hearing all of the activities that she could remember, we stopped for fish and chips at Steamers at the base of the Narrows Bridge on a gorgeous sunny day in the Puget Sound. And at the table Carl and I listened and watched her smile and our hearts went pitter patter, pitter patter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete