Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snowboarding and Skiing

Emma: snowboarding for the first time.
Me: skiing for the first time in probably 15 years.

Super fun day for both of us - I love that we both enjoy the snow and Emma is showing an interest in snow sports.  She was a natural, took a lesson for the first half of the day, and then we all skied for the rest of the afternoon.

It dumped snow the whole day, and while I'm no good at judging I think it was 8". Definitely something we want to do again :)


Doesn't she look ready to hit the slopes?


Can't believe she is so tall!


Friends Amy & Sierra :)



Bless Amy's heart for working with Emma after the lesson for a bit.


Total blizzard driving home, glad to be in a big 4x4 truck


Stopped here for hot cocoa on the way home, wouldn't you say that's 8" on the picnic table??

2 comments:

  1. Good for you guys! I'm terrified of skiing. I've only done it a couple of times, but it's too fast for me. We've got 6-8" here right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys had a good time! It's beginning to snow here again...how long to we go to Cali?

    ReplyDelete